Are you looking to improve your oral health naturally and effectively with little to no change in your cleaning habits? Did you know that one of the biggest regulators of your oral health is determined by the foods and drinks you consume? Many food choices in our world have ingredients capable of eating through our tooth enamel and increasing our risk for cavities and eventual tooth loss. Improve your oral health by avoiding these hazardous foods:
– Sour Sweets: Products that are extremely sour or tart tend to have a very low pH level, which is an indicator of a high acidity.
– Acidic Foods: The more acidic foods are, the more damage they can do to your tooth enamel.
– Sugary Snacks: Sugary snacks are capable of turning into harmful acids in your mouth capable of causing dental erosion.
– Hard Foods: Hard foods can easily chip and crack teeth if you bite into them too hard. This includes corn on the cob and apples. Be careful when biting down onto anything you put into your mouth.
– Sticky/Gummy Treats: The longer food particles are in contact with your teeth and gums, the higher the likelihood that damage that can occur. Sticky and gummy treats tend to linger around our mouths long after consumption and may be particularly tricky to wash away.
If you notice any habits or foods that are putting you at risk, take the steps to protect yourself immediately. For additional help, Dr. Edward B. Miller and our team at Edward B. Miller, DDS are here to give you the smile you desire. If you would like to schedule an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Duncanville, Texas, please contact us at 972-298-6131 to speak with a member of our team. Don’t let bad bacteria control your life. It’s time to fight back and get the smile you deserve!